By Paul Goodman
Follow Paul on Twitter
Michael Gove's remarks at yesterday's Spectator awards were well-reported earlier today (and were covered yesterday on this site by Matthew Barrett).
Less well-reported have been the follow-ups – taking their inspiration from the Education Secretary – that have been doing the rounds in Westminster and on blackberries this morning. These include:
- The David Davis Memorial Balaclava for services to the whips office and the leadership. Winner: Patrick Mercer MP.
- The Nadine Dorries Honorary Burqua for shunning the limelight. Winner: Lord Oakeshott.
- The Titus Oates Public Responsibility Award, first class honours: Tom Watson MP
- The Lord Lester Ceremonial Wig for services to the European Convention on Human Rights: Nick Herbert MP.
- The Gollum Memorial Loincloth for loyalty to master under pressure. Winner: Liam Byrne MP.
There will doubtless be more. Readers are invited to contribute. I'm under no illustion whatsoever that ConservativeHome personnel will be spared.