By Tim Montgomerie
Follow Tim on Twitter
Big story breaking tonight on front of Sunday Times. This is what we know…
- The already outgoing Tory Treasurer Cruddas has been filmed secretly by The Sunday Times offering secret meetings with David Cameron in return for a donation of £250,000
- Mr Cruddas was secretly filmed meeting undercover reporters who posed as overseas wealth fund managers who made it clear they wanted to build a relationship with the Prime Minister and other senior ministers
- Mr Cruddas promoted a “premier league” of donors for anyone making six-figure sums
- He apparently suggests that such a donation would enable donors to lobby the PM directly on business issues and ensure their views are “fed in” to the Downing Street policy machine
- Premier league donors can ask the Prime Minister “practically any question that they want”, says Cruddas, and also meet the likes of William Hague and George Osborne.
- He says that the access would be "awesome for your business".