Last November saw the agreement between David Cameron and Sir Reg Empey of the Ulster Unionist Party about forming an electoral alliance for Westminster and European elections.
A joint committee has now been appointed to work on the details of the alliance and it will have to make decisions on agreed selection procedures, branding and manifesto commitments.
The membership of the committee comprises four representatives of each party and has been named as follows:
For the Conservative Party
- Owen Paterson MP (Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland)
Johnston (NI Conservatives Chairman)
- Jeffrey Peel (NI Conservatives
- Paul Megarity (Chairman, North Down Conservatives)
For the UUP
- Lord Maginnis of Drumglass
- Danny Kennedy MLA
- David Campbell (UUP Chairman)
- Cllr. Mark Cosgrove (UUP Treasurer)
The committee is expected to make an initial report by the end of this month.