[On our video the Sky interviewers’ questions are mute, DC’s answers aren’t].
Highlights of David Cameron’s answers:
- The PM has experience but his experience
hisof bungling regulation of the financial sector and building up the largest ever fiscal deficit;
- Mr Cameron recommends urgent action on deposit protection and a lead role for the Bank of England in managing financial rescues.
- The underlying economic problem, he says, is too much debt.
- He had a gas bill over £1,000 last year and an oil bill of over £1,000.
- Crime isn’t just about punishment, but about mending the family and dealing with other root causes.
- "Afghanistan, Afghanistan, Afghanistan" is Britain’s number one foreign policy priority.
- Gordon Brown "thumped the poor" when he abolished the 10p tax band. It was an "appalling" decision.