With the prospect of half of the ConservativeHome team moving on, we’d love to hear from anyone interested in joining it. We’re open-minded about how to move forward
in terms of whether to hire a few part-timers with specific
responsibilities, or to hire a new full-time member of the editorial team. We have a pot of £25-50k to spend on whichever combination. Our big aim is to provide the most comprehensive coverage of the Conservative Party and we have significant plans for expansion at what we hope will be the beginnings of a long period of Conservative government. As well as blogging we are about to launch our Wiki site.
We’ve already had some very high calibre applicants but we’d like to be fair to everyone who might be interested, to people previously unknown to us. The application process will involve an interview (probably with Samuel Coates, Tim Montgomerie and Stephan Shakespeare) and a live test-run of blogging/ writing ability. Applicants should be:
- Sympathetic to our manifesto and committed to the Conservative Party
- Sociable, knowledgeable political animals
- Able to write well under pressure
- Prepared to work flexible but often anti-social hours, including preparation of the 9am newslinks
- Ideally already well-connected, and able to maintain absolute confidences
- Open to going on trips to meet other conservatives around the world
- Not necessarily be tech-savvy but a good grasp of new media would be useful, as would the ability to create/edit image and videos
- Living in London if full-time, preferable but not essential if part-time
- Genuine and friendly.
If this sounds like something of interest to you, please do get in touch with your CV. Applications close at noon on 23rd July 2008.