The Conservative Party has launched a series of online ads today. Nine different ads will appear over the next five days on sites including Facebook, Lycos and national newspaper websites. The nine themes will be:
- Teaching by ability
- Fighting the closure of A&E and maternity units
- Referendum on EU constitution
- Tougher sentencing, more police, end to early release scheme
- Setting up emergency pension fund
- Value for money in public services
- Cut family taxes, increase taxes on pollution
- Fairer trade and aid
You can view the ads by clicking here. Stills from the ad on crime are pasted below:
Editor’s comment: "This initiative has to be welcomed. The themes chosen are good ones. ‘It’s time for a change’ is the right slogan. On the downside I wonder if people will know that there are different ads. Perhaps a different colour or different image of David Cameron should have been used to make it clearer that there were different ads? I would also suggest more micro-targeting in future with ads on the family featuring on Christian sites etc."
3pm: Click here to see Tim Montgomerie and Iain Dale talk to Sky News about this initiative.