One of the stories of tonight might be the rise of The Others – the BNP, the Greens, SNP, Plaid and maybe even UKIP. Later today we’ll be having our now traditional prediction competition for Tory gains but there’s three mugs to be won by the three people with the most accurate predictions for the performance of The Others. Here are the five tests …
- Councillors won/ retained by the BNP in today’s elections (750 candidates, currently has about 50 councillors in total, none are defending their seats today);
- Councillors won/ retained by the Greens in today’s elections (1419 candidates, currently have 93 councillors in total with 45 defending their seats today);
- Councillors won/ retained by UKIP in today’s elections (1031 candidates, currently has 19 councillors in total);
- Welsh Assembly seats won by Plaid (Currently has 12 out of 60);
- Scottish Parliamentary seats won by the SNP (Currently has 25 out of 129).
We may obviously have to wait a few days for definitive results to judge the entries.