Iain Dale has had an inspirational idea. He’s considering writing a book on The 100 People Who are Screwing Up Britain. His idea is based on Bernard Goldberg’s ‘The 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America’ book.
It’s never as much fun to be positive but someone has emailed me to suggest that ConservativeHomies draw up a list of ‘The 100 People Who Are Trying To Put Britain Back Together Again’.
His suggestions were…
- Frank Field MP – For telling the truth about poverty
- Gisela Stuart MP – For her devastating ‘inside job’ on the British establishment’s efforts to merge itself with the EU establishment
- Jamie Oliver – For alerting us to the poison we feed our children
- Zac Goldsmith – For his part in turning the Conservative Party into a party of conservation
- Quinlan Terry – For keeping alive the ideal of life-enhancing architecture
- David Willetts MP – For his intelligent and compassionate defence of the family
- Debbie Scott – For proving that it is possible to get the ‘unemployable’ into work and keeping them there
- Greg Clark MP – For putting an entirely new issue on the political agenda i.e. garden grabbing and the way it’s debauching the planning system
- Iain Duncan Smith MP – For championing a Conservative approach to social justice.
Who would you suggest?