His critique of the teaching of politics is a simple one. In his view, it is not a mode of experience. So the language of politics is not genuinely a language of explanation.
Posts Tagged: Cardinal Newman
- A letter from Screwtape to the Chairman of a Big Six football club
- The Moggcast: Greensill. “I’m still surprised the Government thought it would be cheaper to use the private sector.”
- Tony Lodge: Why radical railway action can save money – and reshape a sector which will never be the same again
- In their pocket?
- Neil O’Brien: Covid. We should stick to the plan – and finish the job.
- “We have abandoned our people.” Mercer resigns – accusing Johnson of letting down Northern Ireland veterans.
- Simon Fell: Urgent lessons from the pandemic about keeping children safe online
- Johnson should not let officials use the Greensill scandal to expand their power
- Andy Street: Ahead of the local elections, I want to pay tribute to the dedicated team working to win the support of the West Midlands
- Council tax, parking meters and road signs. The mundane matters to voters. But how will you know in the lockdown bubble?