- Jacob Rees-Mogg has been moved from Commons Leader to Minister for Brexit Opportunities and Government Efficiency at the Cabinet Office. He will be a member of the Cabinet.
- Mark Spencer, previously Chief Whip, becomes Lord President and Leader of the House of Commons and will attend Cabinet.
- Chris Heaton-Harris, who was Europe Minister at the Foreign Office, becomes Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasury (Chief Whip) and will attend Cabinet.
- Stuart Andrew becomes a Minister of State (Minister for Housing) in the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.
- Michael Ellis QC becomes Minister for the Cabinet Office in addition to his current role as Paymaster General. He will attend Cabinet.
- Heather Wheeler is to become Parliamentary Secretary in the Cabinet Office, in addition to her current role as Assistant Government Whip.
- James Cleverly moves his responsibilities within the Foreign Office to take over Heaton-Harris’, and become Minister for Europe.
- Chris Pincher was seen entering Number Ten at 13.06, but his appointment was gazetted at 18.46. Presumably unhappy to be sent to his old job and not made Chief Whip.
Link to Sue Gray’s report “into alleged gatherings on Government property during Covid restrictions”
Get our free daily email
Start your day with all the latest Conservative news, insight and analysis.