- “I want to express our nation’s well wishes to Prime Minister Boris Johnson as he wages his own personal fight with the virus while Americans are praying for him. He’s a friend of mine, he’s a great gentleman and great leader, and he’s, as you know, he was brought to the hospital today, but I’m hopeful and sure that he’s going to be fine. He’s a strong man, strong person” – President Donald Trump.
- “Chancellor Merkel wishes Boris Johnson much strength and a speedy recovery and hopes that he can leave hospital soon”, Steffen Seibert – Head of the German Federal Government’s Press and Information Office.
- “My thoughts are with Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his family this evening. I wish him a speedy and full recovery” – Ursula von der Leyen.
- “I sent all my support to Boris Johnson, to his family and to the British people at this difficult moment. I wish him a speedy recovery at this testing time”, Emmanuel Macron.
- “Wishing Boris Johnson all the best and a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family”, Michael Barnier.
- “My thoughts tonight are with Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds. I know he’ll be getting the best care possible and will come out of this even stronger” – Rishi Sunak.
- “I know the thoughts and prayers of everyone across the House are with the Prime Minister and his family right now” – Sir Lindsay Hoyle, Speaker of the House of Commons.
- “My thoughts and prayers are with Boris Johnson and his family as he continues to receive treatment in hospital. This horrific virus does not discriminate. Anyone can get it. Anyone can spread it. Please #StayHomeSaveLives” – Theresa May.
- “Thinking of Boris Johnson and his family tonight. Get well soon. You are in great hands and we all want you safe, well and back in 10 Downing Street” – David Cameron.
- “Terribly sad news. All the country’s thoughts are with the Prime Minister and his family during this incredibly difficult time” – Keir Starmer.
- “Boris Johnson is in our thoughts tonight. We wish him a speedy recovery and a rapid return to health” – Leo Varadkar.
- “Hang in there, Prime Minister Boris Johnson! Hope to see you out of hospital and in perfect health very soon” – Narendra Modi.
- “My thoughts go to Boris Johnson and all the British people. I wish you a fast recovery. You have the whole Italian government’s support and my personal one”, Giuseppe Conte – President of Italy.
- “Sending my best wishes to Prime Minister Boris Johnson for a full and speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family right now. Hope you see you back at Number 10 soon” – Justin Trudeau.
- “Get well soon Boris Johnson. Thinking of you, your family and all our UK friends at this tough time – Scott Morrison/
- “To my dear friend Boris Johnson, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, as you fight for a swift recovery. The people of Japan stand with the British people at this difficult time” – Shinzo Abe.
- “Very sad to hear about PM Boris Johnson in intensive care. Wish you speedy recovery. Warmest regards MF” – Mette Frederiksen, Prime Minister of Denmark.
- “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the People of Israel pray for the speedy and full recovery of our friend British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.”
- “Wishing British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, a speedy recovery and God’s blessings. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and the British people at this critical time”, Nana Akufo-Addo – President of Ghana.
“We have been surprised by the EU’s willingness to resort quite quickly to threats”. Lord Frost’s Königswinter speech.
“I do think it is sensible to wait just a little longer.” The Prime Minister’s Covid statement. Full text.
Cummings claims Johnson tried to halt the “chatty rat” inquiry – because it would cause him “serious problems” with Symonds
“We have abandoned our people.” Mercer is sacked – and accuses Johnson of letting down Northern Ireland veterans.
Get our free daily email
Start your day with all the latest Conservative news, insight and analysis.