- The Commons will presumably now sit on Saturday.
- But isn’t clear as we write whether there will be an indicative vote or one on a legal text.
- Nor whether an extension will be proposed or agreed – and in the last case for how long.
- It is therefore also unclear whether the alternative to the new deal is no deal – or a further postponement of Brexit.
- Although it is being reported that Labour will support a second referendum on Saturday, Jeremy Corbyn is still using the term “a public vote – which would also cover a general election.
Thirteen Conservative MPs pressed for a faster easing of restrictions during Johnson’s statement yesterday – and 35 did not
“Cautious but irreversible.” Johnson’s gradual five-stage-separated, five stage journey out of lockdown. His statement – full text.
A timetable for vaccinating the most vulnerable by mid-February. The Prime Minister’s statement – full text.
Get our free daily email
Start your day with all the latest Conservative news, insight and analysis.