- Call for candidates, 17.00, Friday June 7th.
- Each candidate will need a public proposer and seconder, and six other named supporters.
- Nominations close, 17.00, Monday June 10th.
- First ballot on Thursday 13th June, from 10am to 12pm.
- Any candidate who can’t obtain five per cent of the vote in round one of the Parliamentary stage (16 votes) will be eliminated.
- Subsequent ballots are scheduled for Tuesday 18th June, Wednesday 19th June and Thursday 20th June.
- Any candidate who can’t obtain ten per cent of the vote in round two of the Parliamentary stage (32 votes) will be eliminated.
- If the ballot thresholds are met by all candidates, then the candidate with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated.
- Balloting will continue until two candidates remain.
- Cheryl Gillan and Charles Walker will act as returning officers for the election.
- Once the parliamentary process is completed, CCHQ will assume responsibility for the administration of hustings and the vote of the Conservative Party membership.
- This stage of the process will be completed in the week beginning Monday July 22nd, with the first membership hustings planned for Saturday June 22nd. Further details will be published in due course.
A timetable for vaccinating the most vulnerable by mid-February. The Prime Minister’s statement – full text.
It’s two day’s debate only for the Brexit Trade Bill as the Speaker urges MPs to stay away from Westminster.
Get our free daily email
Start your day with all the latest Conservative news, insight and analysis.
62 comments for: The timetable for the Parliamentary stage of the Conservative leadership election
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.