There have been a few changes in the line-up of Parliamentary Private Secretaries (PPSs) this afternoon, filling in some gaps and bringing the list up to date following the enforced ministerial reshuffle which followed Chequers.
The Government hasn’t released a full update yet, so far as I can discover, but I’ve so far gleaned that:
- Luke Hall MP is the new PPS to Brandon Lewis, the Party Chairman;
- James Cartlidge MP follows Jeremy Hunt from Health to the Foreign Office;
- Alister Jack MP is the new PPS to Baroness Evans, the Leader of the House of Lords;
- Vicky Ford MP is the new PPS to the Foreign Office ministerial team;
- Alex Chalk MP is the new PPS to Matt Hancock at Health;
- Neil O’Brien MP becomes PPS to the BEIS ministerial team;
- Leo Docherty MP has been appointed PPS at MHCLG;
- Jack Brereton MP becomes a PPS at the Department for Education;
- Bim Afolami MP has been appointed PPS to the Transport ministerial team.
If there are other changes, I’ll add them to this post as we learn of them.