Here is the latest in our series of Twenty Questions with members of the Class of 2010…
1. What is your earliest political memory? We were evacuated from our home in Nicosia, Cyprus to the Royal Air Force Base at Dekalia because there was a Turkish invasion scare.
2. Complete the sentence: “I’m a Conservative because… I believe individuals and families can be trusted to make responsible decisions if government creates the right framework.”
3. Who is your political hero and why? It's got to be Winston Churchill as he kept Britain free from tyranny.
4. When did you decide you wanted to become an MP? After Labour's second General Election victory when Gordon Brown decided to depart from Conservative spending plans and grow public spending faster than the economy. I was managing pension funds and had seen him destroy a pension system that used to be the envy of the world.
5. What is your reading material of choice? I read French and Russian literature at University, so now I am playing catch up with biographies and history books..
6. Who is your favourite political interviewer/presenter on TV or radio? I think Evan Davis on the Today programme is very incisive as he understands economics.
7. If you could run any government department, which would it be and why? I stood for election [successfully] to the Work and Pensions Select Committee as I think we have an urgent need to reform benefits to create better incentives for people to work and save.
8. Which non-Conservative politician do you most admire? I thought Robert Rubin was a fine US Democratic Treasury Secretary who realised that bringing the deficit under control helped create the conditions for strong private sector growth and national prosperity.
9. Who would you least want to get stuck with in a House of Commons lift? John Prescott.
10. If you were in the US, would you be a Republican or a Democrat? Republican.
11. What do you enjoy doing to unwind and relax? Walking the dog, swimming or the gym.
12. What is your favourite book? War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
13. What is your favourite film? The Godfather: Parts I and II
14. What is your favourite music? Mozart opera.
15. What would be your ideal meal and where would you eat it? Christmas dinner with the whole family, preferably at my brother's as he is a professionally trained chef.
16. What is your favourite holiday destination? Anywhere with the family.
17. What do you most want to achieve during your first term in Parliament? The conditions for an economic recovery.
18. Tell us one interesting, unusual or surprising fact about yourself. I have read War and Peace in the original.
19. Tell us one interesting, unusual or surprising fact about your constituency.
The view from the Malvern Hills has been voted England's best view.
20. Share with us your most amusing story or favourite anecdote from the campaign trail. My surprise when I learned that my Constituency Chairman was led away from a Nick Clegg rally in Malvern by special branch.
> Previously: Nadhim Zahawi MP