Here is the latest in our series of Twenty Questions with members of the Class of 2010…
1. What is your earliest political memory?
Helping Robin Squire MP by delivering leaflets in Hornchurch many years ago.
2. Complete the sentence: “I’m a Conservative because… I believe in freedom of choice and small government."
3. Who is your political hero and why? Abraham Lincoln, an amazing man who overcame adversity with dignity and determination.
4. When did you decide you wanted to become an MP? In about 1998 when as a new councillor I came to see that you really can make a difference, even if only small sometimes.
5. What is your reading material of choice? ConservativeHome (of course), historical books (factual and fiction like Bernard Cornwell), sport books and magazines (reading up on triathlons!!).
6. Who is your favourite political interviewer/presenter on TV or radio? Jeremy Paxman on TV and John Humphrys on radio.
7. If you could run any government department, which would it be and why? Am very happy with the job I have :-)
8. Which non-Conservative politician do you most admire? Bill Clinton for being an amazing communicator, putting aside much of his politics.
9. Who would you least want to get stuck with in a House of Commons lift? Gordon Brown.
10. If you were in the US, would you be a Republican or a Democrat? Republican.
11. What do you enjoy doing to unwind and relax? Time with the family, cinema and sport.
12. What is your favourite book? A Team of Rivals by Doris Goodwin for factual and Excalibur by Bernard Cornwell for fiction.
13. What is your favourite film? Shawshank Redemption.
14. What is your favourite music? Have a fairly eclectic taste. Not heard a bad Queen song though..
15. What would be your ideal meal and where would you eat it? With my family and my wife's roast dinner. If going out: Japanese.
16. What is your favourite holiday destination? Skiing.
17. What do you most want to achieve during your first term in Parliament? To repay the trust that the people of Great Yarmouth put in me and help promote Great Yarmouth and what it has and can do.
18. Tell us one interesting, unusual or surprising fact about yourself. I have done two London Marathons and want to do a triathlon.
19. Tell us one interesting, unusual or surprising fact about your constituency. We are the second largest seaside tourist resort in the country, so come visit and help make us number one.
20. Share with us your most amusing story or favourite anecdote from the campaign trail. Being mad enough to go for a two-hour walk to relax after fourteen hours a day walking each day, on an afternoon off!!
> Previously: Dominic Raab MP