Congratulations to Cllr Nick Clarke, who will be proposed by the Conservative Group as the new leader of Cambridgeshire County Council. He has already indicated his backing for an Enterprise Zone in the county. This is part of wider message of welcoming new investment and a tough approach to spending to keep the Council Tax frozen for five years.
He blogs here.
Nick takes from Jill Tuck will stood down in February for family reasons.
The new cabinet are:
– Cllr Nick Clarke (leader)
– Cllr Mac McGuire (deputy leader and community engagement)
– Cllr Ian Bates (growth and planning)
– Cllr Steve Criswell (community infrastructure)
– Cllr Mathew Shuter (enterprise)
– Cllr Catherine Hutton (adult services)
– Cllr David Harty (learning)
– Cllr David Brown (children and young people’s services)
– Cllr Martin Curtis (health and wellbeing)
– Cllr Linda Oliver (resources and performance)