Under Conservative control Lincolnshire County Council has had a very successful four years.
We have kept our election promises of 2005, improved services in every area as independently audited, whilst keeping Council Tax one of the lowest in the country despite receiving lower then average Government grant support.
- At 1.7% our council tax increase is the lowest in the country for equivalent councils.
- At £1035 for a Band D property including our headline rate as one of
the lowest in the country.
- 3% cash savings a year without cuts in front line services.
- £2 million a year to counter local crime and disorder including
funding 59 PCSOs.
- Extra £5 million a year for improving minor and local roads.
- 50% household waste recycling achieved in countywide partnership with our districts – best in country.
- Top quartile education performance nationally, county wide 71% pupils
attaining 5 A’ stars to C’
- Expanded the award winning inter connect and various into town bus services which has increased bus usage substantially.
- Increased support to enable more elderly and vulnerable people to remain in their own homes.
- Shared services partnership with District councils including a single county wide procurement unit and Joint Legal services saving money and improving performance.
- Improved customer access especially by telephone and internet with our Customer Services Centre now recognised as performing to a high industry standard.
- Support for business including facilitating the retention of 2000 jobs in Lincoln.
Conservative Manifesto Summary for 2009.
Against a national economic crisis with record Government debt, businesses failing and savings under threat, the County elections came at a challenging time.
The Lincolnshire Conservatives are committed to continuing their careful and responsible management of the County Council so that the county and its residents are shielded from the worst effects of the recession and we ware well placed to take advantage of the economic upturn when it occurs.
- Keep council Tax as low as possible with a two year freeze from 2011 in partnership with a Conservative government.
- Support for business, job protection and creation.
- Support for the elderly and vulnerable enabling them to remain with dignity in their won homes with greater control and choice.
- Continued efficiency programme for example shared services with other organisation to reduce costs and improve service delivery and a reduction in the number of council properties by smarter working.
- Continued extra investment in road maintenance and congestion relief in our towns and City.
- Focus on flood protection and relief.
- Continued quality and choice in education including Academies, Trust, Foundation, Community and Grammar schools.
- Improved customer access to service and information.