By Jonathan Isaby
A new YouGov poll commissioned by Demos and reported in today's Independent suggests that it is now the Labour brand that voters view at "toxic".
Among its findings among people who voted for Labour in 2005 but not in 2010 are that:
- 73% thought the party was "weak"
- 72% believed the party was "divided"
- 66% said the party was "out of touch"
- 60% complained they never heard from the party
- 58% said it represented the past rather than the future
The paper reports that even the quarter of voters who remained loyal and still voted Labour felt the party was "out of touch".
There are some more details on the Demos website.