- The Czech EU Presidency has produced an opinion poll boost for Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek’s coalition government.
- Denmark is split on joining the Euro.
- 55% of the French public profess to have “no confidence” in President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- "With less than eight months until voters go to the polls, Angela Merkel’s CDU/CSU party leads their centre-left SPD coalition partner by eleven percentage points. Crucially for the CDU/CSU coalition, their preferred coalition partners the Free Democratic Party are polling at record high of 18% – enough to guarantee Merkel the seats required to secure another four years in office without the need for an uncomfortable ‘grand coalition’."
- "After rejecting the first referendum on the Lisbon Treaty by a 54% to 46% margin, support for the Treaty among Irish voters now stands at 58%."
- Swedish "Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt’s centre-right coalition government which has held office since 2006 is trailing Social Democrat opposition leader Mona Sahlin’s centre-left coalition by seven percentage points (52% to 45%)."
If you would like to receive these updates direct to you please email firstname.lastname@example.org