It’s no good boasting about this country’s ‘soft power’ arsenal if even our putative allies can take UK citizens hostage at will.
Posts by Nabil NajjarFollow @
- What could give the Government a sense of purpose – and chances to achieve? Making Gove Deputy Prime Minister.
- Iain Dale: Cameron – blamed by Remainers, scorned by Leavers. But in many ways, he changed the country for good.
- Raghib Ali: Evidence suggests that this Covid second wave won’t be as severe as the first. Nonetheless, it’s a threat to the NHS.
- Plan A for schools is in danger of breaking down. So we need a Plan B for schools – online.
- Stephen Booth: Why the row about the Northern Ireland Protocol suggests that the EU’s position isn’t quite as strong as it likes to think
- Curfews will accelerate the decline of the nightlife industry
- Protecting British troops may be Johnson’s next clash with his ‘rule of law’ opponents
- İbrahim Özdemir: How the UK’s new forest protection law will beat the EU at its own game
- Calling Conservatives: New public appointments announced. Small Business Commissioner – and more
- Newslinks for Friday 18th September 2020