This simple step would provide a huge boost to services which help the most vulnerable, at no cost to the taxpayer and with no risk to the National Lottery.
Posts by Benjamin Mancroft
- Transition. There is a fishing furore. But where is the backlash over immigration?
- Profile: The Prime Minister, as revealed in the twelve qualities shared by successful holders of that office
- Alex Morton: Scrapping coins and squeezing cash would be an assault on our own voters
- Tim Bale: Why the real Conservative membership figure matters to the whole country – not just the party
- There must be a middle-ground between taking data-driven campaigning for granted and wild alarmism about its dangers
- James Palmer: Solving the housing crisis needs proper infrastructure – Network Rail is holding us back
- It’s time the pollsters stopped prompting UKIP as a major party
- Andrew Gimson’s PMQs sketch: May’s dominance is good for her but bad for the Commons
- WATCH: Corbyn attacks May over Northamptonshire Council at PMQs
- Ray Bassett: It is time for political game-playing over the Irish border to be stopped
Do you receive the ConservativeHome daily email?
Each weekday – between 9am and 10am – we send The Conservative Daily with links to all the big Tory news stories.Subscribe