A unitary council has meant huge savings – but we also work in partnership with the rest of the public sector.
Posts by Jane Scott
Baroness Scott is the Leader of Wiltshire Council.
- The Prince, the poll and the people
- Selections. How activists find themselves crushed by the attritional, grinding juggernaut of the Party machine.
- Chris Whiteside: I’ve worked for BT for over 30 years. Here’s my take on why Labour’s broadband plan would destroy the industy.
- Nick Hargrave: Wanted. A Too Difficult Department to help tackle intractable post-election problems.
- The campaign, week two. “Small earthquake in Chile. Not many dead.”
- WATCH: Blackford: ‘We need to modernise our defence forces, Trident doesn’t play a part in that’
- WATCH: Labour has businesses thinking ‘we’re next’, says CBI’s Fairbairn
- WATCH: Tories on Immigration 2) Raab stresses public concern is with ‘the kind of immigration’, not just volume
- WATCH: Tories on Immigration 1) Lewis – ‘A Conservative government with this system will bring immigration down’
- WATCH: Labour on Immigration 2) Corbyn – ‘There will be a great deal of movement’
Do you receive the ConservativeHome daily email?
Each weekday – between 9am and 10am – we send The Conservative Daily with links to all the big Tory news stories.Subscribe