We should be encouraging business to develop high-value, high-quality products that the world wants to buy. Every department must turn its hand to this task.
Posts by James Cooper
- Our latest Cabinet Survey. Sunak stable at the top, but Hancock’s ratings are in poor health.
- Ed West: So far, 2020 has proved my most pessimistic expectations to be horribly true. How very satisfying.
- Waves of media foreboding
- Stephen Booth: The UK’s parallel trade negotiations are of unprecedented ambition
- A battle with teaching unions looks inevitable next month. Who will win?
- Tom Harwood: Implementing the Planning White Paper will stem the tide of young people turning to Labour
- Alexandra Marsanu: Rather than being paralysed by the doom and gloom, we need to seize the new opportunities
- Rob Sutton: Dame Barbara Woodward – An appointee who can test the limits of British influence at the UN
- Michael Dugher: Covid-19 is a lesson in the three Rs for the government
- James Somerville-Meikle: The SNP’s overhaul of hate crime legislation is a threat to freedom of expression in Scotland