Concrete eyesores are being removed. Unused council land is being leased for pop up businesses. We are also providing thousands of new homes.
Posts by Ian Gillies
The Leader of the City of York Council.
- May’s Brexit deal helps to show that British politicians are more honourable and efficient than is claimed
- The Moggcast. “This isn’t about tactical mistakes – this is about the future of the country.”
- Anthony Browne: It may take two heaves to achieve a proper Brexit. But accepting the deal – for now – is the best way to get there.
- Tactical wins, strategic defeat. May’s deal binds us to the backstop. And threatens the future of “our precious union”
- Nicky Morgan: If arch-Brexiteers sink this agreement, they will drive many Conservative MPs to back a second referendum
- Candidate applications open for Carshalton & Wallington, Newport West and North Norfolk
- Peter Lilley: Fears about leaving the Customs Union are a mix of imaginary and exaggerated
- Fewer than 48 letters, more than 53 signatures
- Andy Street: Closing the veteran employment gap in the West Midlands
- Calling Conservatives: New public appointments announced. Chair of Sheffield City Region – and more
Do you receive the ConservativeHome daily email?
Each weekday – between 9am and 10am – we send The Conservative Daily with links to all the big Tory news stories.Subscribe