A ‘helping hand’ payment for new claimants, more disability advisers, and an obligation for the state to pay out on time would all help.
Posts by Anvar Sarygulov
- A new property tax would bring rises. Business rates reform could mean cuts. Is Sunak mulling both?
- Will Quince: While we get help to people in need, Starmer calls for some of it to be scrapped – with no replacement plan
- Lockdown is popular, and sceptics’ parliamentary tactics must account for it
- David Gauke: The Covid paradox for Johnson: the nearer to normality we get, the more difficulties he’ll have
- Responding to Rashford
- WATCH: Raab – “We shouldn’t be engaged in free trade negotiations with countries abusing human rights well below the level of genocide”
- WATCH: Davey is quizzed on whether LibDem leafletters are breaking lockdown rules
- WATCH: Giving families a £500 one-off payment would be “a terrible policy,” says Reynolds
- WATCH: Will all UK arrivals be quarantined in hotels? Raab says all possibilities are being considered.
- Newslinks for Sunday 17th January 2021