This will be a challenging by-election, but only the Conservatives will stand up for Cumbria’s vital nuclear energy industry.
Posts by Andrew StephensonFollow @
- Carole Walker: How the Lobby adapted to lockdown. And why Cummings’ and Cain’s plan to foil it was seen off.
- The real obstacle to freedom day is the NHS – or, rather, our habit of running it at full stretch
- Bim Afolami: The politics of Net Zero are more perilous than we think
- Maya Forstater: One’s sex can’t change. The story of my fight to ensure that this view, held by so many, is judged “worthy of respect”.
- Snap guide to this session’s Government legislation 3) The dissolution and calling of Parliament Bill
- WATCH: Johnson – “I’m confident we will not need any more than four weeks”
- “I do think it is sensible to wait just a little longer.” The Prime Minister’s Covid statement. Full text.
- WATCH: The Speaker hits the roof. Johnson by-passing Parliament on Covid is “totally unacceptable”.
- A warm welcome to GB News. The channel’s launch signals a wider reset for the media.
- Grant Shapps: Building back better must mean an enhanced sovereign space presence for Britain