During this interview on the launch of his new parenting support programmes Mr Cameron said, among other things:
- He wishes he personally had had parenting classes;
- He had read you are meant to praise your children seven times more often than you criticise them;
- He resisted the idea that he had to concentrate 100% on the economy rather than family policy, saying the issues were all connected, especially the need to improve childcare;
- Without the austerity programme debts would rise and so, too, would interest rates for homeowners and businesses;
- Even the new French Socialist President has rejected extra spending;
- Growth and austerity are not alternatives, but deficit reduction is an essential part of a growth programme;
- He never turns his phone off – even when he's on a date night with Samantha.