Here are the answers to this morning’s quiz:
- Which department saw its Secretary of State leave Cabinet, but her Special Adviser gain a peerage?
Northern Ireland Office (Theresa Villiers; Jonathan Caine).
- Which former Party Treasurer wasn’t awarded a peerage, and which person who reported to him was?
Michael Spencer, Olivia Bloomfield.
- Which senior Cabinet Minister was tipped for a knighthood last weekend, but didn’t receive one?
- Who might not now be going to the Upper House but for Alan Mak?
Charlotte Vere, who was a fellow-finalist in the Havant selection.
- Which present Cabinet Minister received the same award as three full-time civil servants?
- Which newly-honoured former Special Adviser to Cameron once wrote that the secret of surviving winter is preseved lemons?
- Who has now achieved the same status at Dame Vera Lynn?
George Osborne, CH.
- Who entered the Conservative London Mayoral selection contest later than the other contestants, and has been awarded a peerage?
- Which Government car drivers got the same award as Laura Trott?
Martha Gutierrez Velez and Sean Storey.
- Which future peer helped to police the system for appointing peers?
Laura Wyld – lately Head of the Prime Minister’s Appointments Unit.
- Who is the only pro-Leave Minister in the list to receive an honour?
- Which aide to Cameron turned down a peerage because he disapproves of the Lords?
Ameet Gill, former speechwriter and minder of the Downing Street grid.
- Who got an OBE but should have got a hereditary peerage?
Our view? Sheridan Westlake.