This will be a challenging by-election, but only the Conservatives will stand up for Cumbria’s vital nuclear energy industry.
Posts by Andrew StephensonFollow @
- Open Britain betrays its supporters’ trust
- What should be in the Conservative manifesto? Take our General Election survey.
- Four former MPs selected. Shortlist of two to take on Farron. All the latest candidate news.
- Ryan Shorthouse: The Tory manifesto should offer loans for childcare and retraining, and better pay for teachers
- Daniel Hannan: The hip hop musical that revitalises a star of the American Revolution
- Andrew Smith: Advocates of ‘soft Brexit’ should just admit they don’t want Brexit at all
- May is right to be cautious of big promises on the Human Rights Act
- Ben Roback: The sum of Trump’s first hundred days is that he has struggled to make a real mark
- Election 2017: Sir Edward Garnier steps aside. Here’s the list of other MPs also doing so to date.
- Calling Conservatives: New public appointments announced. Chair of the Regulatory Policy Committee – and more