This will be a challenging by-election, but only the Conservatives will stand up for Cumbria’s vital nuclear energy industry.
Posts by Andrew StephensonFollow @
- Terror at Westminster. Yes, we should honour the dead and praise the brave. But we must also keep our sense of proportion.
- Garvan Walshe: McGuinness – a planner and executor, we should remember today, of attacks on our democracy
- Michael Burrage: The evidence supports May’s decision to junk Single Market membership
- Don’t blame Generation Snowflake for censoring free speech
- Alex Morton: May needs expert ministers who are also storytellers
- James Frayne: May needs a replacement for Osborne the modernist
- WATCH: May addresses Parliament – “Our values will prevail”
- Let us go on having a democracy where MPs can arrive by bike for a vote
- “Yesterday an act of terrorism tried to silence our democracy”. May’s statement to the House: full text
- WATCH: Police raid in Birmingham Edgbaston linked to Westminster attack